Volume 1 of Mickey and the Roadster Racers Zooms Onto DVD
For the longest time, Disney Junior was turned on in our house so that our little boy could get his fill of MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE. Now that he's older, he's a bit past interacting with the television screen to pick a Mouse-ka-tool, but he still loves Mickey Mouse, his Hot Wheels, and his racetrack sets.
Which makes MICKEY AND THE ROADSTER RACERS a natural for him. (And I fully expect there to be a Disney racetrack of the vehicles just in time for Santa to impact my budget this year.)
With MICKEY AND THE ROADSTER RACERS, the gang is still all about friendship, cooperation, and solving problems. But there's no call for Toodles, and the stories are a bit more advanced than the preschool-oriented CLUBHOUSE episodes. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy all have cars that can convert into racing vehicles (an option I expect the inevitable toys to have), and they compete against each other when they're not solving other dilemmas around Mickey's garage (such as tracking down a runaway tire that holds special meaning for a visiting friend).
The episodes are split into separate adventures, with the second putting the focus on Minnie and Daisy as the Happy Helpers, where they find someone in trouble and come up with a solution to the problem.
For certain, the episodes contain the requisite amount of silliness for younger viewers, and the "Race for the Rigatoni Ribbon!" might have been a little bit a-heavy on-a the Italian-a accents, but for little fans of Mickey and the gang, it's a great transitional show for the kids who are growing out of their CLUBHOUSE years but are still little Mouseketeers. Or, to quote the boy who watched it before I did, after I asked him if it was any good: "It's not good. It's great!"
This DVD release includes a physical bonus -- a metal plate licence that can be customized with the stick-on letters. Episodes incluce "Mickey's Wild Tire / Sittin' Kitty," "Goofy Gas! / Little Big Ape," and "Race for the Rigatoni Ribbon! / Roaming Around Rome." The disc also includes a bonus episode, "Mickey's Perfecto Day! / Running of the Roadsters."
And, oh look! Thanks, Disney...
More by this author
- Singer/Lyric writer needed!!
- Award Winning Chinese Singer Looking For Country Pop / Americana
- Award Winning Chinese Singer Looking For Groovy Latin / Bossa Tracks
- Award Winning Chinese Singer Looking For Jazz / Easy Listening / Vocal Jazz
- URGENT: £4k Uplifting Pop Songs Needed for Up-And-Coming Female Artist
- URGENT: £4k Soft Rock/Pop Rock Songs Needed for Up-And-Coming Male Artist
- Looking for someone to write, sing, and rexord vocals over my song
- Looking for a producer to work on my new EP
- Looking for Melancholic Folk with Gypsy Jazz/Flamenco/Middle Eastern Influences for US TV Series
- Indie Rock Needed for TV Comedy Series
- Blues Needed For Debuting US Drama
- "King OF House Records" Looking For unsigned House Music Tracks
- DEEP RHYMES Looking For Unsigned Deep House Tracks
- 1940s New York Be-Bop Jazz and Blues Needed for Feature Film
- Polish Tango, Foxtrot, Polka and Walz Needed for Feature Film