Roll Over, Beethoven, Chuck Berry's Coming Home
If there's a Rock and Roll Heaven, they had one hell of a venue last night.
Chuck Berry, the Father of Rock and Roll, passed away March 18, 2017 at the age of 90. He leaves behind a legacy of several hit songs that formed the foundation of modern rock music, with songs like "Maybelline," "Rock and Roll Music" and the unforgettable "Johnny B. Goode" which played an instrumental and unforgettable role in the Steven Spielberg classic BACK TO THE FUTURE.
It's arguable that without Berry's music, itself influenced by blues musicians T-Bone Walker and Muddy Waters, there would have been a very different sound from groups like The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, as well as just about every other classic rock and roll group that owed their inspirations to the native St. Louisan.
Chuck Berry's first performances was in 1941, when he attended Sumner High School. He continued performing locally up through 2014 at Blueberry Hill, a local St. Louis music landmark. He was pronounced dead on March 18th, 2017, at his home in Ladue, a St. Louis suburb.
Hail, Hail, Rock and Roll -- and the king of it all, Chuck Berry.
More by this author
- Singer/Lyric writer needed!!
- Award Winning Chinese Singer Looking For Country Pop / Americana
- Award Winning Chinese Singer Looking For Groovy Latin / Bossa Tracks
- Award Winning Chinese Singer Looking For Jazz / Easy Listening / Vocal Jazz
- URGENT: £4k Uplifting Pop Songs Needed for Up-And-Coming Female Artist
- URGENT: £4k Soft Rock/Pop Rock Songs Needed for Up-And-Coming Male Artist
- Looking for someone to write, sing, and rexord vocals over my song
- Looking for a producer to work on my new EP
- Looking for Melancholic Folk with Gypsy Jazz/Flamenco/Middle Eastern Influences for US TV Series
- Indie Rock Needed for TV Comedy Series
- Blues Needed For Debuting US Drama
- "King OF House Records" Looking For unsigned House Music Tracks
- DEEP RHYMES Looking For Unsigned Deep House Tracks
- 1940s New York Be-Bop Jazz and Blues Needed for Feature Film
- Polish Tango, Foxtrot, Polka and Walz Needed for Feature Film