You are hereHome › Live Entertainment › Square Enix, Blizzard, Wizards of the Coast at MomoCon 2017 ›
Square Enix, Blizzard, Wizards of the Coast at MomoCon 2017
ATLANTA - April 19, 2017 - Square Enix, Blizzard and Wizards of the Coast will be among the companies at MomoCon, the convention with the largest gaming floor in the Southeastern United States. The annual event, which is expecting more than 30,000 attendees for its thirteenth year, will take place Thursday, May 25 - Sunday, May 28, 2017 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta.
Square Enixsenior game designer Takatsugu Nakazawa, who has worked on Final Fantasy since the franchise's seventh installment and through Final Fantasy XV (voted Best Video Game of 2016 by Critical Blast's readers! -- Editor), along with Global Brand Manager Raio Mitsuno, will deliver the keynote address at MomoCon. Final Fantasy composer Naoshi Mizuta will be featured in a live Final Fantasy orchestral performance on Sunday.
Blizzard will host a panel celebrating Overwatch's one year anniversary featuring visual effects artist Rachel Day and community manager Josh Engen. An Overwatch voice actors panel will feature Charlet Chung (D. Va), Matthew Mercer (McCree), Jonny Cruz (Lucio) and Fred Tatasciore (Soldier 76), with lead writer Michael Chu moderating.
Wizards of the Coast will host two panels. The first will focus on inclusivity in Magic through story, art, and the ways that fiction and games can impact real life. The second will discuss the story of Amonkhet, the Gatewatch and what's next for the Multiverse of Magic: The Gathering.
HTC will offer hands-on demos of the Vive. Blue Mammoth Games will showcase their upcoming platform fighter Brawlhalla. The 20 finalists from the MomoCon Indie Game Awards will also be on display, in addition to 14 other game developers exhibiting at the show.
More than 70 special guests will attend the convention including the Co-Optional Podcast, Marisha Ray and Taliesin Jaffe of Critical Role and Machinima.
Over 190,000 sq ft of space will be dedicated to games during all four days of MomoCon. Four-day and single-day badges are available on the MomoCon registration page. Gamers unable to attend MomoCon can watch panels live on Twitch via MomoCon TV.
More by this author
- Classic Jazz Needed For Large Film By Working Title
- $8 - $10k - Authentic 70s/80s Rebel Tracks Needed For International Film
- $8 - $10k - Authentic 60s R&B/Soul Needed For International Film
- $8k - $10k - Authentic 40s / 50s Christmas / Love Songs For International Film
- Looking for Uptempo Modern Pop with Real Instrumentals for Top 40 UK Female Artist
- Looking for Artists and Bands to Sign to Indie Label
- URGENT: £100 Female R&B Singer who can Rap Needed for Remote Work
- Looking for Remix Producer to Enhance Recording
- URGENT! Songwriters for EDM/Deep House/Pop Dance Songs
- Looking for Violinist/Cellist
- URGENT! Producers for EDM/Deep/Electro House "Soundalike" Instrumentals
- Looking for Lyricist/Songwriter to write and record jazz verses.
- Looking for a bass player and a Keyboard player to record a song
- Organic Sound Design with Negative Space Needed for Trailer Company
- Contemporary R&B/Pop Needed for Major Label American Artist